Date of last revision: 29/09/2016.
[This document should be read in conjunction with "Terms and Conditions" - and it also adopts that documents terminology].
This document describes Our use of your Personal Information (if any) when browsing the public "front-end" parts of this Site and when using the "registration restricted" parts of this Site.
Cookies Used By This Website
The following cookie is essential for the safe and secure operation of Our Website and has already been stored on your computer/device (if your browser is set to receive cookies):
- __CSRFCKE. This helps Us guard Our Website (and registered user data) against possible "cross-site request forgery". This is a form of attack where hackers can attempt to post/get data and carry out unauthorised transactions from pages/forms on the front-end/registered parts of this Site without actually having to be browsing the Site at the time. This cookie does not gather information and can't be used to identify you (because it is a random token that is only valid for the time that you browse Our Site). To find out more about csrf, please visit Wiki.
Please note: if cookies are disabled in your browser - then you won't be able to register or login.
With Consent Cookies (Registered/Members Parts of This Site)
When registering as a member of this Website, you are asked to consent to this sites "Terms and Conditions". Assuming you want to become a member, then giving your consent here (by ticking "I accept this sites terms and conditions") shall also be taken as consent for this Site to store the following cookies on your computer/device (whilst your "logged in" to the registration restricted parts of this Site):
- __ATHCKE. This cookie is used to identify your browser/session to Our server. It helps make Our Site run faster and ensures fewer unsightly URL's (which helps your navigation of Our Site). It is only used whilst your logged in.
- __RLECKE. This cookie is used to clarify "what parts of this Site" you are authorised to access. It helps Our Site run faster and improves your user experience. It is only used whilst your logged in.
With Regard to Registered Users:
- This Service has been designed so that you can communicate with other like minded individuals. To do this, it is necessary for you to share (some) personal information with Us. As such, the Company has adopted a Gargoyle "role" in this respect - and believe that your personal information (such as your name and address [if any]) should remain just that - private. This means We shall not willingly share your personal data with any third party (excluding those required by any law).
With Regard to Your Personal Data:
- It is viewed by Us when approving and maintaining profiles. [This helps Us assess whether a user could be fraudulent (based upon "good faith")].
- At all other times, this Site has no need to view it - so it is encrypted (on Site server). Unfortunately (because of the nature of the internet), hackers may be tempted to abuse the Service and try to extract this information (from either Site server or whilst in transit "over the wire"). To help reduce this risk, the Service makes use of SSL encryption whilst such data is in transit "over the wire".
- Your email address shall be used to notify you of important administration transactions on your account (by Us). We also won't send you any "junk" emails (e.g. advertising). Any news (e.g.) shall be posted on the Site.
- You may edit (most of) your personal data (using the profile-edit menu). Again, unless someone hacks the Service - you shall be the only one to see it (except for point one above).
- We use procedural and mechanical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot, therefore, warrant or ensure the security of any information you transmit to Us or from Our Service, and you do so at your own risk. Once We receive your information, We make Our best effort to ensure its security on Our systems.
With Regard to "Public Data":
- We have assumed that data you enter in other parts (such as Your Artists Profile Link (Title, Description and Url)) is non-private - which means such data is less secure (and not encrypted).
- Drop down lists have options dictated by Us - and as such, are treated as non-private (and less secure).
With Regard to Technology Used to Provide This Site:
- Your IP address is used in two ways: a) To remember the fact that you have voted for a particular "fantasy poll" (within a specific time period). b) It is recorded when you click a link within the Nebula Hawk Battleship Spaceport's Artists Network. This is used by Us when assessing whether a user could be fraudulent (e.g. clicking a link several times (within a specific time period)). NOTE: many IP addresses are dynamic these days (for your protection).
With Regard to Market Analysis:
- When somebody visits Our Website, We collect standard internet log information (i.e. analytics). Such information can tell Us (e.g.) which parts of the world users are accessing Our Site from and which search engine "search terms" resulted in the display of Our Website. Such information is only used to help Us enhance Our Website. The information is collected in a way that does not personally identify anyone and the information is not seen by any third party (because the analytics is a feature of Our Server).
- Since the Company that created this Site is a software/artwork house - We may generate statistics on areas of interest. By this We mean, if (e.g.) a lot of "elves" register/use the Site - then it is of interest to Us to provide/produce further services/products that are of interest/related to "elves".
With Regard to Children:
- This Site is not intended for children under the age of 16 and We ask that children under the age of 16 not use the Site or submit any information to Us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16.